AethyrNet Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Silent Hill

Go down 
+4
JohnFordColey
Corronet
Duo Cultellus
TwinSais
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TwinSais

TwinSais

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:49 am

Which game is your favorite? How do you feel about the current direction of the series? Favorite moment(s)?

My favorite is 2. When James watched that video I baw'd, and through the entire game I shat brix. affraid

I have Shattered Memories for PS2 but I haven't really played it yet. The chase scenes do seem frustrating.

Last edited by TwinSais on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:54 am

I've never actually played a Silent Hill game, aside from Shattered Memories for the Wii. Though I'm not basing my opinion of the whole series off of this game. I plan to play the others sometime soon.

I gotta say, Shattered Memories creepy as hell, thanks to the controls on the Wii. They did a good job with them, and holy shit my heart pumped so fast the first time I had to run away from those creepy-ass naked-looking bastards.
I'm not sure how it'll play on PS2 though. It'll still probably be creepy as hell.
Back to top Go down
http://aethyrnet.web-rpg.org
Corronet
Admin
Corronet

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:29 am

@ TwinSais: The protagonist of 2 was James Sunderland. Harry was from the first game.

I don't have enough guts to actually play a Silent Hill game by myself. I've watched Duo play a bit of Shattered Memories and watch my other friend play through 3 and 4. I've also watched the walkthroughs for 2 and 5.

2 is definitely my favorite because of the story and characters.
2, 4, and 5 for the monsters.

In regard to the direction in which the series is going, I was glad to see Shattered Memories cover up for the story/character fail that was SH5 (though I admit the flooded basement fight was pretty terrifying). And that they ditched the sexy nurses in this one.
Back to top Go down
JohnFordColey

JohnFordColey

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 am

I've played all the games in the series except for Origins and Homecoming.

2>3>SM>1>4
Back to top Go down
Zzgashi

Zzgashi

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:25 am

I had to see what all this was about, so i got my hands on SH2.

I don't like being scared.
Back to top Go down
Leradine

Leradine

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:09 am

As much as I don't like James, I like the scary atmosphere from 2. *SCRAPE... SCRAPE...* still sends chills down my spine.
Back to top Go down
esperterra

esperterra

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Three. Three is my favorite, for sure--but then I love that it's a direct sequel to the first game. Two was definitely the best written of the series, but three had the best atmosphere, hands down. And I loved Heather.

Four was great. I liked that it was different. I find it interesting that they were making another game at first, then had some wild idea to turn it into a Silent Hill game.

Haven't played Origins yet, but I intend to at some point. I really was surprised by how much I liked Homecoming. I think that the new developers made a really good first attempt at a numbered SH game, though it was obviously not to the quality of Team Silent's work. The story was far too predictable for a Silent Hill game, and the fact that you could pretty much kill any monster took away from a lot of the tension. The environments were good. The designs a little of what we've seen before, and not being able to explore more fully like in one, two and three was irritating, especially since we weren't in Silent Hill but someplace new.

But I liked it. It was fun and it gave me a few scares. I think they can do better if they give it another shot.

One is incredible and there's no point talking about that, so I'll touch on the movie briefly. I really like it. I think the story was silly, but the movie was beautiful and it felt like I was playing one of the games, and that experience is what matters to me.

I don't like it when people bitch about Pyramid Head being in games/movies/whatever other than two. Yes, the monster was a representation of James' pent up sexual frustration, but what a lot of people don't remember or realize is that the appearance of the creature is very similar to what the executioners of old used to wear in Silent Hill, as seen in paintings seen in the game.

tl;dr i'm a giant fucking faggot and silent hill is my favorite video games series
Back to top Go down
Mitagitsu

Mitagitsu

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:18 am

I have actually recently getting into this series as well. I have only played the SH1 and 2, and I am currently playing through Homecoming (I don't think it's all that bad so far, it's just kinda different). I plan on getting Shattered Memories and SH3 at some point, but I may not do that until later.
Back to top Go down
esperterra

esperterra

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:41 am

Mitagitsu wrote:
I have actually recently getting into this series as well. I have only played the SH1 and 2, and I am currently playing through Homecoming (I don't think it's all that bad so far, it's just kinda different). I plan on getting Shattered Memories and SH3 at some point, but I may not do that until later.

You really should play 3 right away if you've finished 1, as it is the only Silent Hill game that is a direct sequel to the first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AethyrNet Forums :: Aldenard Entertainment District :: Ala Mhigo Arcade-
Jump to: