AethyrNet Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miqo'te Fanart

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Corronet
Admin
Corronet

Miqo'te Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Miqo'te Fanart   Miqo'te Fanart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Drawn on binder paper, scanned, colored in Photoshop CS3.

Tentative armor/clothing look?

Forgive the inaccuracies, I'm not really used to drawing FF characters much less characters from XIV.
Or cat girls, either. Razz

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Leradine

Leradine

Miqo'te Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miqo'te Fanart   Miqo'te Fanart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Very nice! Cool
Back to top Go down
GoldenDragon

GoldenDragon

Miqo'te Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miqo'te Fanart   Miqo'te Fanart Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:34 pm

I like it, the lines are a little messy but that's just me being anal.
Back to top Go down
ArkkNine

ArkkNine

Miqo'te Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miqo'te Fanart   Miqo'te Fanart Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:01 am

Do you want a little bit of criticism or a dissection?
Cuz it looks good, but it doesn't look like a Miqo'te.
Back to top Go down
Zzgashi

Zzgashi

Miqo'te Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miqo'te Fanart   Miqo'te Fanart Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 am

The proportions are a little off, it's a common thing among aspiring artists. You are simply thinking too much when you draw the sketch. The left side of the brain is often dominant in people and it just LOVES to break things down (head, ears, arms, tail, etc..) and this can easily make you loose sense of the overall picture while you work. You want to be able to see the shape of things without knowing what they are. This can be pretty hard to do, and experience is the only way to really achieve it, but there are some little tricks you can do to speed it up. If you have some reference material you are working from try turning it upside down. If you ever notice yourself thinking "Now time to work on the..." STOP, work on something else, but don't fret on it.
Back to top Go down
Corronet
Admin
Corronet

Miqo'te Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miqo'te Fanart   Miqo'te Fanart Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:05 am

@ Zzgashi: Thanks for the tip! It really helped. I'll be working on that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miqo'te Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miqo'te Fanart   Miqo'te Fanart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miqo'te Fanart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AethyrNet Forums :: Aldenard Entertainment District :: Artist's Atelier-
Jump to: