AethyrNet Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy XIII

Go down 
+2
Demandred Valerius
Bobjohnson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobjohnson

Bobjohnson

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:00 am

Anyone else here get it? I got it! It's pretty fun. A lot better than some websites were making it out to be in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Demandred Valerius

Demandred Valerius

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:42 am

Release campan, enjyan....vanille cringe...an.

I refuse to admit we sound like that, unless you go wayyyy into the dead center here then they sound like that...only from too much sun...
Back to top Go down
Elftor

Elftor

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:39 pm

So far I give it 6/10 about 10 hours in. Every character is completely untolerable but Sazh pretty much. The first 2 hours or so of this game is some of the worst videogaming I've ever played in my entire life. It's literally pressing x and up for 2 hours. After about 2 hours it gets a bit better but it's still just GRIND GRIND GRIND little bit of story (poorly done), GRIND GRIND GRIND, and repeat.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Bland

Mr.Bland

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Though Vanille's accent both amazes and annoys me. It's like the voice actor couldn't decide on a particular accent to use.
Back to top Go down
Bobjohnson

Bobjohnson

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:46 am

Vanille's voice seems to go through these phases where it sounds absolutely horrible, and times where it is bearable. As soon as you make it to Pulse, in the second half of the game, her voice tends to be bearable more often.

I am really liking the more open world of Pulse. All of a sudden the difficulty sky rockets and the battles becomes pretty epic. Also, the story finally starts to get decent. Not great, but better.

EDIT: Also, Duo, if you see this thread, can you please move it to the Final Fantasy sub-thread? I barely noticed it now, didn't see it when I made the thread.
Back to top Go down
SonicDoughnut

SonicDoughnut

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:06 am

It's pretty good times. The paradigm system is a lot of fun. I thought that it was going to be kind of bullshit with the auto-battle feature but with all the paradigm shifting and how fast the combat is, it would be almost too hard without the auto-battle. And the other party members are smart enough to put it to use. You scan an enemy and if if specializes in a particular element and your buffer puts up the resist to that element or buffs you with its weakness or something and your casters also use spells based on its weaknesses. It also requires you to think, even though there is an auto-battle feature. If you just try to go through mobs and boss mobs without really changing up the battle strategy you will get steamrolled later on.

I also don't see the big deal about Vanille's voice. Sure there are a couple lines here and there that aren't so great and whenever someone says that it's bad they reference possibly some of the worst ones there, of course it's going to sound bad. It's like saying that a game series has shit games and references the worst one in a series. Doesn't seem to hold much water to me.

I also don't see all the fuss about the graphics differences that people talk about. Don't get me wrong, I can see that there is a difference but that difference only exists in screenshots. When the game is in motion I don't see those differences. Seems like a retarded thing to bring up considering stuff is always moving.

The characters are pretty decent as well, none that I really hate that are reduced to perma-benched status. If I don't use a character it's because I need the skills that someone else has. Even the "token kid character" who I usually hate isn't too bad in this. Sure he is kind of whiny like most kid characters but from a story perspective it's pretty justified and his voice actor isn't grating on the blackboard of my brain like most kid characters.

It's also a big game. You would think that a game that has you on rails for most of the game, that it would be a short jog to the end but that's not the case. I've put like 30-40 hours or so into it thus far and it's still going. I've not got to the point where the world opens up yet but damn, I can see myself clocking in a lot more hours into it.

Overall I would say that it is a very good game. Not GOTY ALL YEARS or anything but a really, really good game.
Back to top Go down
A_Cake

A_Cake

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:50 pm

just beat the game, goin back for mishunz nao. Surprisingly.....I enjoyed it? How is this possible?! Story is really well done, and the combat - while boring as hell in the beginning - actually gets fun and somewhat challenging towards the end. Vanille's voice........was worse than nails on a chalkboard. ah well, can't have it all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII
Page 1 of 1