AethyrNet Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Name your element!

Go down 
+6
Mr.Bland
Morgan
Blank
Zzgashi
Blue Wizard
trollcat
10 posters
AuthorMessage
trollcat

trollcat

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Now that it's been announced that elements will affect all classes, what element do you plan to specialize in?
Earth here btw.
Back to top Go down
Blue Wizard

Blue Wizard

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Non-elemental.
Back to top Go down
https://www.cia.gov/
trollcat

trollcat

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:52 am

Blue Wizard wrote:
Non-elemental.
not sure if you're being serious or being a smartass
Back to top Go down
Blue Wizard

Blue Wizard

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:10 am

trollcat wrote:
Blue Wizard wrote:
Non-elemental.
not sure if you're being serious or being a smartass

Both. I figured I'd try to flatline everything as much as possible
Back to top Go down
https://www.cia.gov/
Zzgashi

Zzgashi

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:56 am

If I have to choose and no element is at a larger disadvantage than any other, I would choose ice (cause I'm cool), or maybe electricity.
Back to top Go down
Blank

Blank

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:55 pm

The only definite thing I know about the elements as of now is their obvious effect on your resistances and strengths against creatures and players of opposing elements. I've seen some theories suggesting each one will also conform to a certain stat, giving greater specialization in every class. This is likely, but does anyone have any other information supporting this?

Ignoring all that, I'd align with wind, SO I COULD BLOW YOU SUCKAS AWAY
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:36 am

Definitely ice. I've always liked ice spells, and I plan to be a conjurer. Plus, I believe ice was the element of intelligence in XI, and I don't see why they'd change it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Bland

Mr.Bland

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:32 am

Either water or wind myself.
Back to top Go down
polyhedral

polyhedral

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Well, in XI I merited flood II and water merits because of every single other blm meriting thunder only. The flood II spell reduces thunder resistance on the mob. Maybe we'll see the same type spell resistances in XIV.
Back to top Go down
Bobjohnson

Bobjohnson

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:32 am

polyhedral wrote:
Well, in XI I merited flood II and water merits because of every single other blm meriting thunder only. The flood II spell reduces thunder resistance on the mob. Maybe we'll see the same type spell resistances in XIV.

My wise BLM friend in FFXI always told me "When wondering what spell to cast, check the mobs weakness, the weather, the day, then cast Thunder IV."

That's the way it is in FFXI. :/
Back to top Go down
Mitagitsu

Mitagitsu

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:44 pm

I was going to go with water, but it doesn't appear to be as creative as I was thinking. I like to go what everyone else doesn't go with. So which ever one is the most unpopular when I start playing is the one I will probably go with. But yeah, probably water or ice.
Back to top Go down
Foxis

Foxis

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:34 pm

I dunno. I really don't know what the enemy resistances will be like, but if I were just choosing for aesthetics I'd probably either go with lightning or ice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Name your element! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your element!   Name your element! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your element!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AethyrNet Forums :: Final Fantasy XIV :: Adventurer's Tavern-
Jump to: