AethyrNet Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vana'diel races

Go down 
+9
Morgan
eponuts
GoldenDragon
Demandred Valerius
Blue Wizard
SonicDoughnut
JohnFordColey
Duo Cultellus
trollcat
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
trollcat

trollcat

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:35 pm

i never liked them, they just seem bland, some annoy me (irrational hate for taru), and some just seem uninspired (elves and catgirls)

thoughts?
do you think Ivalice races would have been better, or do you think they are overused?
what kind of races would you have liked to see?
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:12 am

I never found them annoying in XI, but I'll admit that I was annoyed when I realized they were pretty much just recycling XI races. I really do hope that we'll get more races in expansion packs, just to set it apart from XI a little.
Back to top Go down
http://aethyrnet.web-rpg.org
JohnFordColey

JohnFordColey

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:39 am

Yea, I wasn't buying their excuse of "Hey, people want to play their FFXI characters in FFXIV, so we kept all the races." Maybe it's a Japanese thing?

I do hope we get more races, but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
SonicDoughnut

SonicDoughnut

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:39 pm

I like the Vana'Diel races well enough, none of them were particularly annoying or anything and it was interesting to see them do something different with an established idea for races that might seem bland.

Lots of games have elves for instance and 9 out of 10 times they live in the woods and are druids, hunters, and rogues. More often than not they are a quick-moving, high precision, high speed race. Also nature powers. But in XI they took the idea of a physically powerful and knightly person and placed that idea over the elves.

Doesn't changed the fact that they are still elves and even though they live in a castle now it's still built in the woods. At least it wasn't another fantasy MMO that has tree hugging elves like are in most (not that it's a bad thing, if it aint broke don't fix it right?).

I can't say a whole lot about the idea of a 'catgirl' race. Sure its and idea that you see all over the place but I honestly can't think of MMOs aside from XI and XIV that actually have a catgirl race. It might not be the most original idea but aside from, like, EQ and EQ2 where it is a literal cat-person, fur and all, there aren't any that come to mind that have them.

Ivalice races would have been pretty awesome though. Would have loved to roll with a Bangaa or Viera but since there are so many races in Ivalice, and a lot of them are kind of strange looking, you might encounter the same problem. A lot of people might not have liked the other races simply because they were too different.
Back to top Go down
Blue Wizard

Blue Wizard

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 pm

I like the Vana races. Except Mithra. They're shit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.cia.gov/
Demandred Valerius

Demandred Valerius

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 am

Blue Wizard wrote:

Vana'diel races 1263532024232
Back to top Go down
GoldenDragon

GoldenDragon

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:51 am

Blue Wizard wrote:

Lol u mad? Vana'diel races Smug
Back to top Go down
Demandred Valerius

Demandred Valerius

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:53 am

yea...he mad
Back to top Go down
eponuts

eponuts

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:26 pm

they should have added male mithra and female galka.
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:52 pm

eponuts wrote:
they should have added male mithra and female galka.

Yeah a new game would have been a perfect opportunity to add them. I guess that would have meant effort, though. Sad
Back to top Go down
eponuts

eponuts

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:24 pm

maybe in a 50 dollar expansion pack... cross your fingers
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:13 pm

They developed models for male Mithra, but ended up not using them or something like that.
Can't remember exactly.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDragon

GoldenDragon

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:25 am

Demandred Valerius wrote:
yea...he mad

He's just jealous that we're able to dodge almost everything the bad guys throw at us. Vana'diel races Fuckyou
Back to top Go down
Blue Wizard

Blue Wizard

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:29 am

GoldenDragon wrote:
Demandred Valerius wrote:
yea...he mad

He's just jealous that we're able to dodge almost everything the bad guys throw at us. Vana'diel races Fuckyou

Nothing quite like being something that can't hit or be hit, eh? Elvaans take damage, but they also deal it. Hell, I've seen taru with higher dps than mithra
Back to top Go down
GoldenDragon

GoldenDragon

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:49 am

Tell that to the many monsters that have had the poor luck of being on the business end of my axe. Vana'diel races Smug

And that claim is undoubtedly unsubstantiated rhetoric, and as such I won't take it for a grain of salt. Until you provide me with some sort of evidence to back up such an inflammatory remark, keep that bigoted mouth of yours in check, got me?
Back to top Go down
eponuts

eponuts

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:26 am

catgirl master race
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Mithra are just as capable as any of the other races.

However, on that note, I will say that I've seen quite a few less good Mithra players than Elvaan or Taru. Or even Hume.

Every Galka I've ever played with has been pro as fuck
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:40 pm

GoldenDragon wrote:
Tell that to the many monsters that have had the poor luck of being on the business end of my axe. Vana'diel races Smug

And that claim is undoubtedly unsubstantiated rhetoric, and as such I won't take it for a grain of salt. Until you provide me with some sort of evidence to back up such an inflammatory remark, keep that bigoted mouth of yours in check, got me?
Protip: Don't try and act smart, or use big words, unless you know what you're talking about. :\
Also, bigoted? Really? You're so far off from using it in the correct context.
You don't really get to tell people to keep their mouths in check. You're welcome to reply to people, but don't act like you have any say in what other people are allowed to do, especially when you're unlearned in the subject matter.
Wish I had seen your reply sooner, I wouldn't have been so light on you yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Zzgashi

Zzgashi

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:48 pm

As a mithra player I have been out DPSed by tarus before. It's rare, but it does happen.
Back to top Go down
ArkkNine

ArkkNine

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:54 pm

HOLY FUCKING SHIT MAN
Ivalice Races >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFXI/V races.
An Ivalice MMO would be so much better. Moogle or Bangaa all the way. Fucking Mechanists and Dragoons, man.

I think SE reusing the races is just them being lazy... Damn japs. Besides, Catgirl race is nothing but fanservice. Not to say I don't like them. But Japan tries to put bunny ears or cat ears on just about everything. Seriously. I don't understand it. There's a time and a place for everything, but bunny ears do not belong on a race of genetically engineered militarists (PSZero). Fuckin japan...

Also, there are no female Galka. Technically, Galka don't have genders.
Back to top Go down
Blue Wizard

Blue Wizard

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:42 pm

GoldenDragon wrote:
keep that bigoted mouth of yours in check, got me?

You got balls, kid. It's a shame no decent human female will ever partake of them, though. Wink

As for dps sheets, nerd, even a white belt google-fu'er can easily dig up dps sheets.

It's also relatively apparent that you are rather unlearned...dare say...ignorant, in regards to FFXI. The way you speak and carry yourself, especially (incorrectly) using fancy-pants words like 'bigoted' and (and I really had a fucking laugh at this one) "unsubstantiated rhetoric" basically informs me that you are just...how does the saying go...talking out of your ass. So I encourage...nay, implore you to reevaluate how you come off to someone that is quite smarter than your average bear (and has more game hours clocked into FFXI than most endgame LS leaders do) before you try to wafer-thinly superimpose your confetti-caliber ego onto someone else.

Last edited by Blue Wizard on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:48 pm

>Implying it takes balls to talk back to you.
Hahah. Oh man. Golden.
Back to top Go down
Blue Wizard

Blue Wizard

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:50 pm

Duo Cultellus wrote:
>Implying it takes balls to talk back to you.
Hahah. Oh man. Golden.

Nay, it just takes balls to talk like he did out of thin air, lol. Everyone talks back to me Smile It's just most people actually talk back with something...you know...relevant. Like how you do wololo

EDIT: You should probably delete the troll/dispshitty posts from this thread to keep the forum looking peachy keen for new members, btw. Just my $0.02

Last edited by Blue Wizard on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eponuts

eponuts

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:06 am

hurp derp herp
Back to top Go down
Blue Wizard

Blue Wizard

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 am

eponuts wrote:
hurp derp herp

derp de herp derp? hurp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vana'diel races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vana'diel races   Vana'diel races Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vana'diel races
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum