AethyrNet Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Open Beta - Server Poll

Go down 
+8
Ostrakon
yh
Demandred Valerius
Zzgashi
polyhedral
Gentlemen
Duo Cultellus
Pantsu
12 posters

Which server should we play on for Open Beta?
Garland World
Open Beta - Server Poll Vote_lcap0%Open Beta - Server Poll Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Emperor World
 0% [ 0 ]
Golbez World
Open Beta - Server Poll Vote_lcap6%Open Beta - Server Poll Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Exdeath World
Open Beta - Server Poll Vote_lcap12%Open Beta - Server Poll Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Kefka World
Open Beta - Server Poll Vote_lcap59%Open Beta - Server Poll Vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
Sephiroth World
 0% [ 0 ]
Ultimecia World
 0% [ 0 ]
Jecht World
 0% [ 0 ]
Shadowlord World
 0% [ 0 ]
Gabranth World
Open Beta - Server Poll Vote_lcap23%Open Beta - Server Poll Vote_rcap
 23% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Pantsu

Pantsu

Open Beta - Server Poll Empty
PostSubject: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:47 am

edit: Our server is Lindblum. This thread is done.

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY SERVER NAMES WILL BE CHANGING, AS CAN BE SEEN AT THE FFXIV SERVER STATUS PAGE LOCATED HERE:
http://www.ffxiv-status.com/
FINAL FANTASY XI BETA SERVERS WERE ALSO NAMED AFTER CLASSIC FF VILLAINS AND WERE PROMPTLY RENAMED TO SUMMONS FOR FFXI RETAIL. IF THIS HAPPENS AND THEY ADOPT THE SAME NAMING CONVENTION FOR FFXIV WITH THE SAME SERVER NAMES FROM FFXI, ROLL ASURA.

Open beta is a few days away. We need to decide which server to play on, since apparently our names and appearance will transfer over into retail. This is an important decision so let's try and think about this carefully.

I know we've been playing on Gabranth for the past couple phases, but after thinking about it, I'd like to propose we change to Kefka for Open Beta and retail. Here are my reasons:

1) The game is getting a lot of negative heat right now due to many issues related to surplus and fatigue. It's clear that many people have canceled their pre-order already for the game. There's a likelihood the population for this game will reach a steady decline just several months after release (Not saying it will, it's Final Fantasy after all, and the JP community will keep it afloat for sure. I'm just throwing the possibility out there), so as an added safety net to ensure we still remain in an active server, I vote for a name that is clearly more recognizable and memorable (The name of a very popular villain from the FF series) to more people's eyes than Gabranth. The server listing in Phase 3 proved this, as Jecht, Kefka, Exdeath and Shadowlord all remained almost populated the entire time, whereas Gabranth stayed at a steady 2 out of 3 chocobos. I understand we don't want to play with retarded 12 year old kids that spam useless emotes and such, but I would also much rather prefer playing in a server with at least some sense of community and activity instead of a desolate wasteland; very much like my experiences in XI after coming back from a 3 year absence. I would also like to avoid being stuck into a server merge for as long as possible. Crying or Very sad

2) The name "Kefka" may likely attract the more oldschool crowd of Final Fantasy gamers, since it's the main villain from Final Fantasy VI. It may, at least, attract a slightly more mature audience than something like Sephiroth.

3) It's confirmed that BluGartr is playing on Jecht. BluGartr isn't on Kefka.

4) SomethingAwful goons are rolling on this server, and everyone knows how much they love to troll people. They are a cool bunch and they won't mind you either as long as you don't spam memes and say you're from 4chan.

5) The famed cat MithraPride cat LS will be rolling on Kefka. Imagine the possibilities.

Majority wins so cast your vote, and please join the Steam chat if you can prior to Open Beta so we can figure this out.

Last edited by Pantsu on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:22 am

Well fuck. I wanted Jecht, but if BlueGartr is on Jecht, then fuck that. Not too thrilled about Goons being on Kefka, either. But whatever.
Eh. Guess Kefka it is, then, since Exdeath might attract people trying to be HxC with DEATH in everything, regardless of context.
Back to top Go down
http://aethyrnet.web-rpg.org
Gentlemen

Gentlemen

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Whatever rocks your boat, mind you, being on a very populated server is not always a good thing.
Back to top Go down
polyhedral

polyhedral

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:29 pm

I doubt they keep the same names...

Almost sure of this, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Zzgashi

Zzgashi

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:36 pm

polyhedral wrote:
I doubt they keep the same names...

Almost sure of this, but I could be wrong.
It's announced on the official beta site that the server names will be the same and you can reserve your character name for at launch on that specific server. They might add more servers for launch though.
Back to top Go down
polyhedral

polyhedral

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Yeah, the names will be the same from open beta to launch, but I doubt they keep the close beta names...

They used enemy names on ffxi beta, then changed them for launch. This is the reason I think this.
Back to top Go down
Zzgashi

Zzgashi

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:52 pm

We will just have to do another poll real quick if that happens.
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:30 pm

All I know is that if they end up with the same server names as XI, we're Asura-ing it up.
Back to top Go down
Pantsu

Pantsu

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:07 am

Duo Cultellus wrote:
All I know is that if they end up with the same server names as XI, we're Asura-ing it up.

Updated to reflect this.
Back to top Go down
Gentlemen

Gentlemen

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:22 am

Why Asura ? Mad
Back to top Go down
Demandred Valerius

Demandred Valerius

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:50 am

Original XI server.
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Assuming everyone transfers over to their respective previous XI server, Asura is bound to have some of the least pretentious, and most newbie-friendly people on the game. In the long-run, I'd say it's a great place to start a linkshell.
Back to top Go down
yh

yh

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 am

I think we should choose the server with the highest population, as simple as that (minus maybe Shadowlord, heard that will be the "japanese" server). Although I don't think that the recent surplus drama will have any effect on the game's popularity or population, still, more populous servers stay alive longer.

Server name is irrelevant and speculating about what sort of people one server might attract based on the villain's name is just silly overgeneralization in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ostrakon

Ostrakon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Come on, guys. It's gotta be Exdeath.

While "Kefka" is obviously one of the better older villains, a lot of newer people are only going to know him from Dissidia.

If you want real gamers with taste, you have to pick one that's slightly more obscure, but still awesome. Exdeath feels like the right fit as far as I'm concerned.

Although I'm sure we're good as long as we stay the hell away from Sephiroth.
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:12 pm

>Real gamers with taste
Ahahaha, oh wow.
Yeah, definitely not going to Exdeath after that.
Back to top Go down
Ostrakon

Ostrakon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:18 pm

Are you implying, sir, that FF5 wasn't one of the best FFs?

The PS1-era FFs, while good, got massively overhyped due to the FF7 response. FF6 became the one that everyone said was their new favorite to avoid looking like they just started with FF7.

And then Kefka in Dissidia is going to attract people who never even played the game.

I think Exdeath would have the highest concentration of bros. Anything that got a re-release or a prominent feature in something like Dissidia or KH is going to draw a fair amount of faggotry.
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Naw, I'm just implying that your phrasing was beyond pretentious.
Ohoho.

Also, how about we not read into this shit too much? No one's gonna care about Kefka in Dissidia, no one gained a new-found love for him in that game. Just avoid Sephiroth for FF7 weeaboos, avoid Shadowlord for XI-elitist pricks and JP's, and avoid Jecht for BlueGartr shitheads.
Server names are bound to change after beta, we can deal with not having the perfect server for three weeks.
Back to top Go down
Ostrakon

Ostrakon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Yeah, fair enough. Reading back I can almost taste the apparent douchehattery.

So who's this BlueGartr fellow?
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:29 pm

BlueGartr was the most pretentious, elitist XI group ever.
I never ran into them much, but I've heard really shit things about them. Don't really wanna run into 'em to often on XIV.
Back to top Go down
Final Battle

Final Battle

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:10 am

Those are some decent points, Kefka sounds good I guess

what's cat Mithra Pride cat tho? Sorry if I sound like an idort here
Back to top Go down
Pantsu

Pantsu

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:37 am

Final Battle wrote:

An extremely large linkshell/guild from FFXI which ended up spanning multiple servers due to popularity. It's a linkshell that consists entirely of Mithra only.

http://www.mithrapride.org/

I'm pretty sure they have influence in most, if not all, of the FFXI servers by now.
Back to top Go down
Twilleh

Twilleh

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:27 pm

I voted for Golbez.

But I won't win.
Back to top Go down
Gentlemen

Gentlemen

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Tonights the night
(vote gabranth)
Back to top Go down
StudyGuy

StudyGuy

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 6:41 pm

Suppose Kefka/Asura it is.
Back to top Go down
Wplayer

Wplayer

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 am

Final Battle wrote:

Idort doesn't mean idiot y'know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta - Server Poll   Open Beta - Server Poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Open Beta - Server Poll
Page 1 of 1