AethyrNet Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to walk through restricted gate access in beta:

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pantsu

Pantsu

How to walk through restricted gate access in beta: Empty
PostSubject: How to walk through restricted gate access in beta:   How to walk through restricted gate access in beta: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:53 am

I found this while browsing random forums. I don't recall the exact post anymore, nor which forum I read it from, but I tested it earlier today and verified it works. (I was able to get into Aleport with no problems)

1) Stand in front of the closed gates for whichever restricted town you are attempting to enter.
2) Log out while facing the closed gate.
3) Log back into your character while running forward. Keep your "move forward" input held in the entire time while you are logging back into your character.
4) The gates should open automatically as if they were unlocked.
5) ???
6) PROFIT!

There's nothing in any of the restricted towns right now except for a few useless NPCs that say useless script dialogue. But if you have nothing else better to do, enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

PostSubject: Re: How to walk through restricted gate access in beta:   How to walk through restricted gate access in beta: Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:31 pm

I remember Zz trying this out, worked for him. Wonder if they'll be fixing that. Seems like a game-breaking thing for a full-retail game, if they want to restrict areas for certain parts of quests.
Back to top Go down
http://aethyrnet.web-rpg.org
Zzgashi

Zzgashi

PostSubject: Re: How to walk through restricted gate access in beta:   How to walk through restricted gate access in beta: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:17 am

They did say on the beta site that it was a "Known issue". I doubt there will be very many restricted areas in retail release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to walk through restricted gate access in beta:   How to walk through restricted gate access in beta: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to walk through restricted gate access in beta:
Page 1 of 1