AethyrNet Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Final Fantasy Game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobjohnson

Bobjohnson

Favorite Final Fantasy Game Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:45 am

Which is your favorite Final Fantasy game? Why?

Rules:
1} No being an asshole and starting flaming wars, this question normal starts that.

That's all.

Alright guys, I'll start it off. My favorite is a tie between Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy IX. Love those games.
Back to top Go down
Blue Wizard

Blue Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:28 am

Bobjohnson wrote:
Which is your favorite Final Fantasy game? Why?

Rules:
1} No being an asshole and starting flaming wars, this question normal starts that.

I'm a dick
I'm a dick
Suck my shark
I'm a dick

Now that that is out of the way, 11 definately. Next would be a three way tie between 7, 4, and 12
Back to top Go down
https://www.cia.gov/
Bobjohnson

Bobjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:51 am

Haha, I really liked XI and XII a lot too. Probably my second favorites?
Back to top Go down
Zzgashi

Zzgashi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:45 am

9 is honestly my favorite. I liked the characters, combat, and story. 7 has nostalgia out the ass because it was my first FF, and it was a pretty neat world. I had a lot of fun with 6 but honestly remember very little of it.
Back to top Go down
SonicDoughnut

SonicDoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:25 am

Probably a tie between VII and XII.

VII has some serious nostalgia power going for it, being my first Final Fantasy and all. If I played it now I probably wouldn't like it as much since things like the combat system aren't as developed as they are these days. Really good for it's time.

I also beat XII for the first time a couple months back. It was great. Great story, pretty good characters (minus Vaan and Penelo). I liked the gambit system a lot. It was fun to set up a strategy for any given situation and watch it in action. I can see where a lot of people wouldn't like that though.

I'm also tempted to say XIII is on that list as well but I have yet to beat it to say if its better than others and I also am partially blinded by the excitement of finally having the next game in the series. It is definitely one of the top 3 games from this year so far though.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Bland

Mr.Bland

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm

Number-wise, it's 2. I thought the story was pretty awesome, and the levelling system, whilst a little poorly executed in places, gave a good amount of customisation to the characters.

In the series as a whole though, Tactics is my favourite game. It has the best story in the series, and the characters are well created. The relationship between Delita and Ramza is very well done as well.
Back to top Go down
Bobjohnson

Bobjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Oh man, Tactics was a great game also. One of my top favorites as well. I also like 2, a lot of people give it crap, but I had a lot of fun with it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Bland

Mr.Bland

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:57 pm

I can see why people give 2 a lot of crap, but those reasons, the levelling system in particular, are mostly why I like it.
Back to top Go down
Bobjohnson

Bobjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah, the leveling system is why most people don't like the game. I didn't mind it. In fact, a version of that is used in FFXI for their weapon skill levels.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Bland

Mr.Bland

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:18 pm

I think there's quite a few elements from FFII used in the other games to be honest. For example, the materia system for magic used in VII is pretty similar to how magic works in II.
Back to top Go down
Bobjohnson

Bobjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:21 pm

Going back to Tactics, As a fan of the original, what did you think of Tactics Advanced 1 and 2? I thought Tactics 1 was really fun. Story was meh, but the game play was fun. As for Advanced 2, I never got into it for some reason. Don't know why.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Bland

Mr.Bland

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:26 pm

I've yet to fully play Advanced 1, though I will eventually get round to that. As for Advanced 2, I found it to be good fun, though seriously lacking in terms of story. It was also somewhat inconsistent in its difficulty. The majority of missions were pretty easy, but then you'd suddenly be given a fight where to win you had to uphold the laws, and then the laws would be something ridiculous. The use of race specific jobs was a nice touch though, as it prevented you from creating seriously overpowered characters. Overall though, not as good as Tactics.
Back to top Go down
Zzgashi

Zzgashi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:34 am

I hated Advanced 1. Fucking judge bullshit. 2 tried to make the judge thing much less obnoxious, but it still found ways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Final Fantasy Game   Favorite Final Fantasy Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Final Fantasy Game
Page 1 of 1