AethyrNet Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI... Empty
PostSubject: Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI...   Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:21 am

Graphics and UI Tweaks

FFXI might look a bit dated to some, even after tweaking with the settings, but with a little bit of tweaking, XI's fuckawesome scenery can look a little less 2000, and a little more 2005.
Here are a few things you should look into getting...

• -Graphics Guide on FFXIclopedia - Just a guide you should refer to if you're not sure what you're doing/changing. Almost everything regarding actual registry editing can be ignored, if you use Windower. It will take care of that.

• -FFXI Windower - Windower is considered by most, a necessity for XI. Along with simple registry editing for graphics settings (Essentially necessary for widescreen players), it adds numerous useful things to the UI, like extended macros, recast timers, status timers, party member TP display, distance of mobs... The only downside? Looks slightly out of place.
    Remember to run as Administrator for it to edit the registry.
    Note: Some people have been complaining about not being able to use Windower with the Steam version of XI, but I was able to use it just fine with my Steam version, just not run through Steam. I had to tinker around with it a little to get it to work properly, but in the end, it's entirely functional. I had to edit the registry manually, and also change the registry settings in Windower GUI. (Make sure your Max Sounds isn't at 0 in the GUI)

• -XI View UI Overhaul - An alternate User Interface. Looks hundreds times better than the default UI. Highly recommended.

Last edited by Duo Cultellus on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://aethyrnet.web-rpg.org
Metal Smith

Metal Smith

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI...   Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:53 pm

windower didn't used to work for the steam version. have the circumvented this?

http://windower.net/crashissues

you can't use it with steam. Will have to install an old retail version or buy a new cd set and install if you want to use windower.
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI...   Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Bah, shit.
I launched PlayOnline through Windower just fine (I've got the Steam version). I never got all the way to Final Fantasy XI though. I'll be sure to test it as soon as I can.

Edit: I think the, "You can't launch Windower with Steam" means that you can not start Windower through Steam, as in, adding it as an application in your list of games and launching from there.
That being said, I'm pretty sure you can still play XI Steam-bought with Windower. You'll just have to start it outside of Steam. I'll still check though.

Edit 2 (Dec. 8th): Got Windower working just fine with Steam-bought XI. Launching it outside of Steam.

Last edited by Duo Cultellus on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Adamar

Adamar

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI...   Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:21 am

Update on UI stuff: XI View, made by Shiva's own Darkshade (If I recall he was one of the /v/ bros on Shiva). Updated with the latest patch and contains the most up to date icons and menus.

Get it here.

Nothing else needed.
Back to top Go down
Duo Cultellus
Admin
Duo Cultellus

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI...   Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:19 am

Awesome. I'll edit the first post then.
Back to top Go down
Imafag

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI...   Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:56 am

Good to hear about the windower working w/ the steam version as im gonna get my copy from them.
Back to top Go down
Metal Smith

Metal Smith

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI...   Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:56 am

Make sure to get everything that has been suggested here. XI is fairly ugly without them :/

Also, it's usefull to have things on screen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI...   Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graphics and UI Tweaks for Final Fantasy XI...
Page 1 of 1